Swans' Cay, also known as Bird Island is birders paradise. Here you will find the only known nesting place in the Caribbean of the Red-billed Tropic Bird (Phaeton aethereus). Swans Cay is a rocky formation approximately 70 meters long, with a rounded quarter moon shape, pierced by two openings through one end, and rises 55 meters at the highest point. On the southern side, sheltered from the northeastern trade winds, there is a small sandy beach below a higher level area. Bushes and other vegetation cover the summit, and there is a small clump of coconut palms at the low end. A designated bird sanctuary, Isla Pajaros, also has brown booby (Sula leucogaster etesiaca), the brown pelican (Pelecanus occidentalis carolinensis), the frigate (Fregata magnificens) and many types of gulls and terns.
- Marina Ehrman
- Panama, Panama, Panama
- Greetings from Panama! My name is Marina Ehrman and I have been a professional tour guide and promoter for Panama Tourism and Travel Company since 2005. I love what I do and am proud to share what my country has to offer. It is filled with endless leisure and commercial attractions, friendly happy people who open their doors to all visitors. Panama is a country of incomparable natural beauty with a variety of tourist attractions, beautiful beaches in the Pacific and Caribbean. The tropical climate year round with its diversified flora, fauna and indigenous groups make it one of the most important of Ecotourism in Latin America. I invite you to know our country’s history, culture and also enjoy the cuisine, folklore and traditions that only a place in the world can provide………Panama! Contact me and I’ll organize your visit and will be happy to welcome you in Panama. For more information on Panama, follow my Facebook page and my blog. Visit www.panamatourismtravel.com
Day : 1 - Arrival to Panama City :
Upon arrival to Panama a representative from Panama Tourism & Travel will pick you up at the airport and transfer you to your city hotel for your firs night in Panama.
Day : 2 - Bocas del Toro :
In the early morning you will be transferred from your hotel to the local airport in Panama City for your flight to Bocas del Toro. Upon arrival, you will be met at the airstrip in Bocas Town and transferred by car to the Playa Tortuga Hotel.
Day : 3 - Tour to Bocatorito Lagoon, Cayo Coral and Zapatilla Cays :
Today’s tour starts at the Bocas del Toro pier with a short boat ride to Laguna Bocatorito. In this bay, also called dolphin bay, the probability to spot dolphins is about 95%. You will spend some time watching them jump and play around your boat. You then continue to the Coral Keys to practice some snorkeling and to enjoy the colorful Bocas del Toro underwater world. At the Coral Keys there is a restaurant where you can have lunch if you want to (not included in the tour!). You will then continue to Red Frog Beach. It received its name thanks to the abundance of tiny red frogs that can be found at that beach. Enjoy the afternoon looking for the red frogs or relaxing at this clean white beach. In the late afternoon you will be taken back to Bocas del Toro.
Day : 4 - Panama City Tour :
In the morning you will be transferred to the Bocas Del Toro airport for your flight back to Panama City. There, your English speaking guide will pick you up and take you on a private tour to see the Panama Canal at the Miraflores Visitor Center
After the visit to the Canal you will continue with your guide to the Historical Casco Antiguo
Day : 5 - Departure to Panama City :
After breakfast you will be transferred to the Tocumen Airport for your international flight back home.
- Meet & Greet at the Airport
- 2 Nts at the Country Inn & Suites Amador in Standard Room
- 2 Nts at Playa Tortuga Hotel in Standard Room
- Tour to Bocatorito, Coral Cay & Red Frog Beach
- Half Day Panama City Tour & Miraflores Locks
- Roundtrip flight Bocas del Toro Island in economy class
- Ground transfers on A/C motor coaches
- All taxes and service charges
- Airport Departure Tax (US$ 20.00 per person - usually included in airfare)
- Tourist Card (US$ 5.00 for certain nationalities)
- Optional tours
- Meals not mentioned
- All extras in the hotels
- Voluntary tips & gratuities
Price $ 895.00 per person